Tuesday, August 28, 2007

URRRRRRR!

I can't sleep since my darling pre-schooler woke me up!!!! He has been waking up and coming down stairs and will just stand at our bedroom door and when he sees no one is going to respond, he goes back upstairs to bed. But I hear him and pretend that I am sleeping! Why am I the only one who hears him and J gets to sleep soundly!!!! So here I am!

I am actually having one of those weeks as a parent where you feel like nothing you do is right....actually it's been a few weeks....and nothing seems to penetrate their little brains, which is so frustrating!!!! Everything I say seems to go in one ear and out the other.... you discipline and your child just looks at you or cries for 5 seconds, I guess they cry to make you feel better, and then acts like nothing has ever happened and continues to do the very same thing he just got disciplined for!! Is it just me? What am I doing wrong...it just seems like nothing is working!!! UGH!!! No wonder I am so tired!!! Anyhoo...that was my rant!


I guess I will post something crafty while I am here!



These are jr sizes legal pads...they are on the inside...I forgot to take a picture. The initials are for the special secret gals I made them for! They were fun to make!!! I found the "how -to" on Splitcoast.



Supplies: Pick a Petal stamp set, Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabit, Soft Sky, Whisper White. Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, and I forgot what color I used for the center. The initials are chipdboard from local suppy store. All supllies Stampin' Up unless stated.



Here is a card I made some time ago. It's called a matchbox card since it opens like one., again "how-to" on SCS.


Supplies: Vases in Vogue hostess stamp set, Fall Flowers Designer Paper, Cardstock: Soft Sky, Kraft Whisper White. Ink: Black, Soft Sky, Old Olive marker, and Groovy Guava. Crystal Effects. Marvy Scalloped Punch....not sure what size.



Ok... I think I will try now and go back to sleep. Maybe sometime tomorrow I will try and post Boog's first day at pre-school!
Adios!



















































































































































3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

I like your projects aridg! Very nice!!

Unfortunately, I think those frustrations with jr. will crop up every now and then. Mine are older than yours and you'd think they'd learn by now, but.... Don't worry darlin' we obviously get through it all, if we didn't, there'd be no population problem!

jridg said...

Funny how you managed to switch gears from venting to stamping so quickly. Think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts....

Love you!!

Grace Whisperer said...

LOL!! Oh, girlfriend, I can RELATE!! Here's my unsolicited advice: earplugs!! Works for me!! I spent the last 9 months wearing them nightly! Geez, maybe I should wear them all day too, then I wouldn't hear the whining!! :) Can't wait to hear about preschool. Ian starts on Thursday! WaHOO.