Friday, January 29, 2010

Today my first born is 6!!

I can hardly believe that this little boy is 6 today!! Where did the time go! He's such a sweet boy and handsome!

He was so excited when he woke up this morning. As he was coming downstairs to eat breakfast, he asked me, "Mom, do you know what today is?" Of course, I do, "what is today?" "Today is my birthday, I am 6 years old, and I am so excited!" He has been talking about this day for months!! To be young and be excited about your birthday! We had balloons for him at the table and he just kept thanking us for them. "I love them! Thanks Mom and Dad!" See how sweet he is!!! He took cupcakes to school to share with his friends and he invited every single one to his birthday party tomorrow! Thankfully, we aren't entertaining them all! :)

He hasn't opened any presents yet though. (He is actually on his way home from school as I type.) So he will open them shortly. When he gets home, he will have a huge surprise waiting for him in his room...we surprised him with a violin. He has asked for a violin and lesson, now we just have to find a teacher! We found a good violin on ebay and it was pretty inexpensive.

Last year, I write of post of the day he was born.

Happy Birthday Riley!! You are loved very much!!!!

1 comment:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

They grow waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo fast! He is a handsome young man!!!